To install PeoplePods, you will need a web server, a MySQL database server, and a copy of the PeoplePods code.
NOTE: The PeoplePods archive contains a README.txt file which may have more up-to-date instructions!
- Download the latest version of PeoplePods from PeoplePods.net.
- Upload the archive to your web server and place it in whatever directory you want PeoplePods to live in.
All of the PeoplePods code will live in a sub-folder of your website called "peoplepods/" that is created when you uncompress the tarball. Thus, if you want PeoplePods functionality to be present on the homepage of your site, you'd place the tarball in the root directory of your site. If you want PeoplePods functionality to live in a sub-folder such as myurl.com/community, place the tarball into that folder.
Example My web root is: /var/www/httpdocs My domain is: http://myurl.com If I want PeoplePods to control the homepage and other root elements of my site, I decompress my tarball into my webroot, and end up with: PeoplePods folder is: /var/www/httpdocs/peoplepods PeoplePods admin tool: http://myurl.com/peoplepods/ PeoplePods homepage: http://myurl.com If I want PeoplePods to live in a sub-folder of my site, I would decompress my tarball into that subfolder, and end up with: PeoplePods folder is: /var/www/httpdocs/my_sub_folder/peoplepods PeoplePods admin tool: http://myurl.com/my_sub_folder/peoplepods/ PeoplePods homepage: http://myurl.com/my_sub_folder/
- Uncompress your PeoplePods tarball into your web folder
> tar -zxvf peoplepods-0.9.tar.gz
- This will create a new folder called peoplepods/ inside of which lives all of the PeoplePods code and configuration.
- Create a fresh, empty database on your MySQL server. Note the name of the database as well as the username and password.
- Before running the install, you will need to set the permissions on several folders. Change the permissions on files/ and lib/etc to 777:
> chmod -R 777 peoplepods/files > chmod 777 peoplepods/lib/etc
- Visit your new PeoplePods installaton in a browser. Load http://myurl.com/peoplepods
- The automatic installation process should take over. Enter details about the site and about the database.
- Once the installation has completed, visit the PeoplePods admin tool and customize the enabled pods and themes!
- Visit your new PeoplePods powered site!
Recent Posts from Our Blog
The latest version of PeoplePods is now available for download! This version features a drastically revamped theme which is now valid HTML5, a completely rewritten JSON-powered API, many...
An interview I did with OpenSource.com is now online! Read it here. In it, I discuss how running an online community is like throwing a giant, never-ending party, how open source techniques...
Recently Updated Documentation
Recent Posts from The Forum
1 comment | 12 days ago
0 comments | 18 days ago
Watches have a lot of class and style-and the fact that they are useful too certainly doesn't hurt. However, some fake iwc watches people end up in...
0 comments | 16 weeks ago
http://www.fullweddingdress.com Along with a present is an excellent method to show your understanding for your guests.Asking special occasion dress...
0 comments | 16 weeks ago